How to renew your 2014 membership
Pay online with a credit card
Login to your My ESSA account using your email as your username and confidential password.
- Credit card payments incur a merchant fee of 1.5% of the total fees. The merchant fee has been added to your renewal notice.
- All members must abide by ESSA’s Code of Professional Conduct and Ethical Practice. ESSA launched a new code in November 2013.
- Please ensure you have read and are prepared to abide by the code before renewing.
Accredited members (AEPs and ASps) are also required to:
- maintain current first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) qualifications,
- hold professional indemnity and public liability insurance, either personally or through your workplace, whilst practising professionally,
- have completed the 20 continuing professional development (CPD) points in accordance with ESSA ’s 2013 CPD guidelines, and be able to supply evidence if required to do so,
- have successfully completed ESSA’s standards & compliance compulsory professional development as part of the 2013 CPD requirements, and
- provide privacy consent as follows: I acknowledge that ESSA is obliged to observe the strict privacy rules in the Privacy Act (2012) and that for ESSA to support its accredited members, ESSA sometimes needs to provide contact details about me to people who areaccessing services and/or providing funded health services. By my taking membership of ESSA, I consent for my work details , including my full name, business company or trading name, address and place of business and contact details to be disclosed on the ESSA website search function, and for those details to be provided to the National Health Services Directory, Medicare Australia, Department of Veterans’ Affairs, WorkCover Authorities and Health Funds. I also give my consent for ESSA to confirm my accreditation details with the above bodies if needed.
If you do not consent to the above privacy information please contact the ESSA National Office.
Exercise Scientist members:
- If working with clients/human subjects (no matter the type) Exercise Scientist members are required to hold current professional indemnity and public insurance, and maintain current first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) qualifications.
- If you have completed your studies you are now required to apply for Exercise Scientist membership.
- If you will continue as a student in 2014 please ensure you have appropriate evidence of your 2014 enrolment should this be requested (i.e. student identification card, student fee invoice or enrolment acceptance notice).
Other payment options
Complete the 2014 renewal notice and return via post to ESSA National Office. You are able to pay via credit card or by a cheque or money order made payable to Exercise & Sports Science Australia. If paying by cheque or money order, deduct the merchant fee from the total renewal amount listed on your renewal notice.
Complete the instalment payment option form and return to ESSA National Office for processing.
Membership Fees 2014
|ESSA Membership Categories||Price $AUD|
|Exercise science (full membership)||
|Exercise science (applicable to student members in 2013 becoming a full member in 2014)||
|Accreditation Categories* (includes exercise science membership)||Price $AUD|
|Accredited exercise physiologist*||
|Accredited sports scientist*||
|Accredited sports scientist + accredited exercise physiologist||
* To gain accreditation as an exercise physiologist or sports scientist you are required to have exercise science (full membership). The fees listed above for accreditation, include your exercise science membership as well. It is the total cost for your 2014 membership.
Please note, if you joined or became accredited during 2013 your renewal fee will show a pro-rata amount reflecting the date joined/accredited.