Age Care Update: Age Care Specific Programs and Funding in Community and Residential Podcast
The age care industry is currently undergoing significant change, it is important for AEPs to understand the various programs and funding to give context to their clinical practice. This podcast seeks to inform and clarify the various types of age care funding models and programs that exist in the community and residential settings. In addition, better understanding may help to identify current and future opportunities for AEPs in the age care sector.
Focus will be placed on the following age care funding and programs with specific relevance to how AEPs interact in these areas:
Short Term Restorative Care (Community)
Commonwealth Home Support Program (Community)
Home Care Packages (Community)
The recording is of a webinar presented by ESSA on 24 October 2017.
Presented by Martin Bending, AES, AEP, ESSAM, BSci(Hlth&SptsSci)
Martin Bending has been working in the area of age care for over 8 years covering both community and residential settings. These settings cover four key funding models of Short Term Restorative Care, Commonwealth Home Support Program, Home Care Packages and the residential care Age Care Funding Instrument, all of which Martin is actively involved in on a day to day basis. Martin has been one of ESSA’s National Age Care Alliance Representatives for over 4 years, Chairs ESSA’s Exercise Physiology Advisory Group and has been a key support to ESSA in advocating for AEPs in age care.
Rates per person
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
|ESSA Student Member
Access to podcast
You will be provided all information to access this podcast within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Physiologists
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Now" button on the right
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration
(including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.
- All Professional Development logistics are correct at time of publication. Subject to change at anytime without notice.