Creating a Thriving Private Practice: The Marketing Essentials to Increase Enquiries and Patient Retention
As a practice owner you need to wear many hats and be across all aspects of running a business – including marketing. Without marketing, it’s challenging to consistently get in front of your ideal patients and referrers, which means you’re not generating interest, enquiries and new patient appointments – all critical in creating a long-term thriving private practice. However, in the early days of establishing a private practice it can be challenging finding the time and resources to do even the marketing essentials. In this presentation, we’ll be going through each element of a practice owner marketing plan, and equipping you with practical marketing knowledge and tools so you can walk away having more control over your marketing and practice success.
This is a recording of an ESSA webinar presented on 8 October 2021.
Presented by Mrs Miranda Smith BMgt(Marketing) MMktg
After school Miranda couldn’t decide whether to study psychology or marketing, and shortly after choosing marketing she become a qualified phone counsellor at Lifeline where she quickly saw the role marketing played in healthcare - in increasing awareness, education and ultimately helping people find the right health practitioner for them. After completing a Bachelor of Management (Marketing) and a Master of Marketing at the University of South Australia Miranda gained 10 years senior management experience within the corporate healthcare sector including as Marketing Manager for London's leading mental health hospital and Chief Marketing Officer for the Monash IVF Group. After her time in the corporate world, plus brand manager roles in NFP and senior communication advisor roles for the SA and Victorian Health Departments, in 2016 Miranda launched her own business called Marketing for Health Practitioners to focus on working with small to medium private practice owners to help them create long-term thriving practices.
Rates per person
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
|ESSA Student Member
Access to Online Activity
Your online activity will be available in your ESSA learning profile after purchase. Please click here to access your ESSA learning profile.
Any Accredited Exercise Physiologist and/or Exercise Scientist.
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Now" button on the right
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration
(including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.
- All Professional Development logistics are correct at time of publication. Subject to change at anytime without notice.