Exercise and Cancer: Communication and Prescription Podcast
There is a depth of literature and other forms of media that promote exercise pre, during and post cancer treatment. In this webinar, we will take a step back and focus on your role as an AEP within the cancer care continuum. Before you can prescribe exercise to a cancer patient you will need to first gain referral from medical professionals (namely oncologists). Then you will need to promote your service to the cancer patient, their families and their carers. Before being able to do this you will need to understand how to promote your role and service. You will then be taken through an AEP specific framework that will provide a specific guide into working with cancer patients. Ultimately the goal is to translate research into practice in a manner that is meaningful to the patient, the medical team and yourself, (we need to sell this information to clinicians and patients) – in this podcast you will learn how to develop a message that is specific to clinicians and patients (families and carers).
The recording is of a webinar presented by ESSA on 11 September 2017.
Presented by Mr Ali Dulfikar, BExPhys
Ali Dulfikar completed his four-year bachelor of Exercise Physiology at UNSW in 2014, earning his accreditation as an Exercise Physiologist (AEP) and Exercise Scientist (ES) in 2015. Ali then pursued a Masters of research at QUT focusing on paediatric cancer and fundamental movement skills under the direct supervision of Professor Fiona Naumann. During his masters, Ali worked as an Accredited Exercise physiologist at QUT Healthstream Fitness Centre as well as a seasonal academic at QUT teaching within the exercise science and exercise physiology cohorts. Successfully articulating to a Ph.D. Ali’s research focuses on exercise in Grade II, III and IV gliomas during radiation with or without chemotherapy.
Rates per person
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
|ESSA Student Member
Access to podcast
You will be provided all information to access this podcast within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Physiologists
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Now" button on the right
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration
(including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.
- All Professional Development logistics are correct at time of publication. Subject to change at anytime without notice.