Exercise & Prostate Cancer: The effects of ADT Podcast
This podcast is aimed at AEPs who have not previously worked with the prostate cancer population and would like to learn more about the various side effects of prostate cancer treatment, specifically Androgen Deprivation Therapy, and how exercise can effectively counteract these side effects. You will also learn about various considerations and contraindications to ensure safe prescription and delivery of exercise.
The recording is of a webinar presented by ESSA on 16 April 2019.
Presented by Ms Dale Ischia, B.App.Sci (PE), Grad Dip (Ex Rehab), ESSAM, AEP
Dale is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist with more than 20 years clinical experience who has specialized in oncology over the past 7 years. She founded 'Moving Beyond Cancer', an exercise physiology program dedicated to improving the lives of people with a cancer diagnosis through appropriately prescribed exercise.
Since acquiring her cancer exercise specialist qualification with the American College of Sports Medicine Dale has provided her expertise to many private clients, organisations and support groups, such as; Olivia Newton John Cancer Centre, The Alfred, Peter MacCallum, The Cancer Council, Think Pink, Pancare, Prostate cancer support groups, and ovarian cancer Australia and the Leukaemia Foundation.
She applies the latest research findings to her clinical practice to provide her clients with the most up to date education and exercise prescription. Dale's professional goal is to minimize the side effects of cancer treatment and give people a sense of control over their bodies.
Rates per person
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
|ESSA Student Member
Access to podcast
You will be provided all information to access this podcast within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Physiologists
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Now" button on the right
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration
(including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.
- All Professional Development logistics are correct at time of publication. Subject to change at anytime without notice.