Fundamentals of Group Exercise Instruction Virtual Workshop
The demand for competent exercise scientists who can lead groups and have the knowledge and skills to lead dynamic, safe, and effective movement experiences will only increase as the demand for degree qualified personal trainers increases. The Fundamentals of Group Exercise Instruction is a one-day workshop that teaches the fundamentals of Group Exercise Instruction; focusing on movement preparation, conditioning and recovery. This workshop will introduce you to several popular group exercise modalities and will spark your interest in creating new group exercise formats. Creative group fitness programs are essential for your business; to grow and thrive. Enhancing your knowledge of various different group exercise formats, teaching progressions, and safety considerations will enhance your skills to lead group exercise classes.
In this workshop you will learn to:
* Increase your teaching confidence, especially in front of large groups
* Incorporate safe and effective movements into different types of group exercise sessions
* Strategies to help you identify and modify incorrect movements and techniques for monitoring session exercise intensity
* Deliver functional warm-ups that incorporate the RAMP movement preparation protocol
* Understand a variety of group training formats i.e. Concurrent-Circuits, HIIT, high intensity functional training, high intensity resistance training & Metabolic Conditioning
* Implement recovery sessions suitable for small to large groups
* Develop group exercise testing, monitoring spreadsheets
Presented by Dr Luke Del Vecchio, ESSAM, AES, AEP, ASpS2
Luke Delvecchio is an experienced educator, researcher and a specialist in combat athlete high performance, managing combat athlete performance by developing programs for Boxers, Kickboxers, wrestlers and MMA fighters. Luke is a well-established and experienced Exercise Physiologist who is also involved in continuing education programs for fitness professionals and seminars for corporate, schools & sporting clubs. Luke is a highly skilled career professional with over 15 years practical experience in athlete strength and conditioning, corporate health, primary care and occupational rehabilitation environments.
Virtual workshop, Online
Saturday, 27 March 2021
9:00am - 5:30pm AEDT
This is a live virtual workshop only. No recordings will be available post workshop.
Rates per person
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
If registered and paid on or
before 27 February 2021
If registered and paid on or
after 28 February 2021
|ESSA Student Member
* Full day professional development
* Workbook in a softcopy format
* Other Reference Material in a softcopy format
* Certificate of attendance, gaining you valuable ESSA CPD points
* Virtual networking with the presenter and your peers
* Computer/laptop with audio/speakers
* Webcams and microphones are encouraged
Access to Virtual Workshop
You will be provided information on how to access this virtual workshop within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist and/or Accredited Exercise Physiologist
ESSA CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Now" button
Manual Form: click here
Registration for this professional development will close at 3:00pm AEDT on Friday, 26 March 2021.
* Credit card payment is required with online registration.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.
- All Professional Development logistics are correct at time of publication. Subject to change at anytime without notice.