Focusing on your career outcome - Is small business an option for you? Podcast
The “Focusing on your career outcome” podcast is aimed at the ESSA student and new graduate populations. The professional development aims to challenge and excite those in attendance about their future career by asking them to develop an idea of what it is they want from being a health professional.
Based on Kate’s real-life experience of setting up and growing a small multilocation and multi-disciplinary business. This podcast reflects on Kate’s ‘on the job’ learning and discussed the skills you will need to gain employment in the industry while unpacking what it takes to turn your self-employed dream job to reality.
The recording is of a webinar presented by ESSA on 5 June 2018.
Presented by Miss Kate Bell, ESSAM, AEP, MClinExPhys
Kate Bell created Total Exercise Physiology at the completion of her Masters of Clinical Exercise Physiology in 2013. Prior to this Kate completed a Bachelor of Education in 2007. Due to this mix of these degrees, patient education and care is at the heart of her practice and what drives her to be a better practitioner and mentor and business owner.
Kate has held roles at both a tutoring level and as the Clinical Educator and Practicum Manager within the School of Human Movements at the University of Queensland. Kate’s clinical passions are chronic diseases, falls prevention and supporting behaviour change. Supporting and mentoring others in the development of their studies, and early careers is also a strong interest.
Rates per person
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
|ESSA Student Member
Access to podcast
You will be provided all information to access this podcast within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist or Accredited Exercise Physiologists
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Now" button on the right
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration
(including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.
- All Professional Development logistics are correct at time of publication. Subject to change at anytime without notice.