This podcast will give an overview of the current evidence based assessment, management and reconditioning strategies for groin pain in filed based athletes. A key focus of the podcast will be practical application of management and return to performance strategies with case study examples.
The recording is of a webinar presented by ESSA on 5 May 2020.
Presented by Mr Selwyn Griffith
Selwyn Griffith has been an integral part of the Brisbane Lions High Performance Department for 8 years, during this time he has held several positions both in the Medical and Strength and Conditioning departments. He holds a master’s degree in Osteopathy and High Performance Sport with a keen interest in Strength and Power profiling ad programming and return to performance strategies. His current role involves the development and implementation of strength and power programs for the AFL squad and return to performance programs for injured athletes, including strength and power assessments and programming, re-conditioning and training load management.
Rates per person
|ESSA Student Member
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
Access to podcast
You will be provided all information to access this podcast within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist, Accredited Exercise Physiologists, Accredited Sport Scientists Level 1, Accredited Sport Scientists Level 2 and/or Accredited High Performance Manager
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Myself" button below
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration (including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration which holds a 1.0% merchant fee. Merchant fee included in registration cost below.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.