Moving Forward with Bionic Prostheses Podcast
Bionics solutions are now central to prosthetic care innovations for individuals suffering from limb absence. We are slowly but surely on our way toward bionic human! New technologies emerging regularly have the potential to revolutionise ways individuals with limb loss are treated and fitted with ever more performing prosthesis. This podcast will give an overview of the ground-breaking treatment options and the role exercise and sports science practitioners could play in future developments of bionic solutions.
This is a recording of an ESSA webinar presented on 1 April 2022.
Presented by Professor Laurent Frossard, PhD
Professor Laurent Frossard is a bionic limbs scientist passionate about developing ground-breaking prosthetic solutions to improve life of individuals suffering from limb loss. Internationally recognized as independent expert, he approaches bionic solutions from an all-rounded perspective integrating prosthetic biomechanics, clinical benefits, service delivery and health economics.
Rates per person
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
|ESSA Student Member
Access to Podcast
You will be provided information on how to access this Podcast within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist, Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Accredited Sports Scientist Level 1, Accredited Sports Scientist Level 2 and/or Accredited High Performance Manager.
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Now" button on the right
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration (including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.
- All Professional Development logistics are correct at time of publication. Subject to change at anytime without notice.