The Science and Practice of Performance Monitoring in Team Sports Podcast
This podcast takes a closer look at the application of performance monitoring in team sport environments through the lens of a sports scientist and coach. An overview of effective and ineffective testing protocols to help guide your programming to prevent injuries and improve athlete performance will be provided. The Why, What, How and When of performance monitoring will be answered.
The recording is of a webinar presented by ESSA on 24 July 2020.
Presented by Mr Travis McMaster PhD
Dr McMaster is submersed in the research and practice of strength and conditioning, as coach, scientist, researcher, academic supervisor, lecturer, and performance consultant. He has published 50 applied research articles and abstracts, a book chapter on “strength and power training for rugby” and has had the privilege to present at prestigious national and international strength and conditioning, biomechanics and exercise science conferences.
Over the past decade, Travis has worked as a strength and conditioning coach and consultant with a number of Professional, National, Olympic and Paralympic sports, including the All Blacks Sevens, Black Ferns Sevens, Wellington Hurricanes, Bay of Plenty Steamers, the Canadian Freestyle Ski and Paralympic Snowboard Teams, the New Zealand Wheel Blacks, Ice Blacks, and elite NZ Defence Force operatives.
Dr McMaster, holds an Honours BSc in Kinesiology, a MSc in Sports Science, a PhD in Strength and Conditioning and is Research Fellow at the University of Waikato Adams Centre for High Performance.
Rates per person
|ESSA Student Member
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
Access to podcast
You will be provided all information to access this podcast within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist, Accredited Exercise Physiologists, Accredited Sport Scientists Level 1 and/or Accredited Sport Scientists Level 2
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Now" button on the right
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration (including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.
- All Professional Development logistics are correct at time of publication. Subject to change at anytime without notice.