Working with People who use Alcohol & Other Drugs Podcast
Why do people use drugs? How do drugs affect the body and brain? How does exercise and lifestyle impact on recovery? Find out how to work with people who use alcohol and other drugs in this podcast by one of Australia’s leaders in the drug treatment field in this practical podcast.
The recording is of a webinar presented by ESSA on 5 December 2017.
Presented by Professor Nicole Lee, BSc, BSc(Hons), PhD, GradCertEd(Tertiary), MAPS
Nicole is Director at 360Edge, a specialist consultancy in the drug and alcohol sector and Professor at the National Drug Research Institute. She is an Australian leader in alcohol and other drug treatment and policy. A practicing psychologist with 25 years experience, she’s provided key policy advice to state, commonwealth and international governments, the World Health Organization and the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, and has published more than 100 articles, books and practice guides on alcohol and other drug topics. She has previously twice served as President of the Australian Association for Cognitive and Behaviour Therapy (AACBT), as well as President of both the Victoria and Queensland branches and served on AACBT committees for 13 years. Nicole has also held positions on the boards of the peek organisations the Australasian Professional Society on Alcohol and other Drugs (APSAD), and the Alcohol and Drug Council of Australia (ADCA). Nicole is a regular commentator in the media.
Rates per person
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
|ESSA Student Member
Access to podcast
You will be provided all information to access this podcast within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist, Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Accredited Sports Scientist and Accredited high Performance Manager.
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Now" button on the right
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration
(including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.
- All Professional Development logistics are correct at time of publication. Subject to change at anytime without notice.