What is ESSA for an Active Nation?
ESSA for an Active Nation
is our main advocacy platform to promote our professions.
The main goals of the campaign are to:
- promote Access, Fairness and Quality in the development of health and aged care policies on exercise services provided by accredited exercise physiologists and exercise scientists
- propose priority policies in four important areas (aged care, mental health, private health insurance and Medicare Benefits Schedule) that cements physical activity and exercise services as essential in health and aged care
- seek support from the Federal Government to commit more resources in the next Federal Budget to ensure all Australians can access exercise services provided by accredited exercise physiologists and exercise scientists
- seek support from key stakeholders in the health, aged care and sport sectors to facilitate and create opportunities for consumers to better access to services and programs that will increase their physical activity level
The campaign also aims to
- educate the general public about the benefits of working with accredited exercise physiologists and exercise scientists
- refer Australians to ESSA’s world class evidence based Exercise Right website
which inspires and informs everyone to be healthier and more active.