Assessment, Exercise and Engagement
This professional development will define the different pillars of telehealth, and AEPs can structure clinical assessments, exercise prescription, education and behaviour change, and patient monitoring using these digital tools.
Using Telehealth to Deliver High Value Care for your Clients
COVID-19 has forced AEPs to turn to telehealth-based practice as an alternative to their regular clinical practice. For the patient, how can AEP’s ensure that the patient experience is as good as in-person? This professional development will define the different pillars of telehealth, and AEPs can structure clinical assessments, exercise prescription, education and behaviour change, and patient monitoring using these digital tools.
This is a recording of an ESSA webinar presented on 9 July 2020.
Presented by Dr Peter Edwards, PhD
Peter is a Lecturer in the School of Physiotherapy and Exercise and Sport Science at Curtin University. He is also a Senior Exercise Physiologist specialising in pre- and post-surgery rehabilitation, injury prevention return to sport optimisation, and digital health with research interests also spanning these topics. Peter currently operates telehealth consultations in clinical practice that offers post-surgery rehabilitation consultations and remote exercise rehabilitation monitoring over the web.
Rates per person
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
|ESSA Student Member
Access to Online Activity
You will be provided information on how to access this Online Activity within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist, Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Accredited Sports Scientist Level 1, Accredited Sports Scientist Level 2 and/or Accredited High Performance Manager
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Myself" button below
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration (including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration which holds a 1% merchant fee. Merchant fee included in registration cost below.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.
Online registration not available.