150-hour Barre Training Course
Available in-studio and online
Why train with Barre Body?
We’re the original and the best. Barre Body pioneered the barre method in Australia. Built from a fusion of the dynamic, US style, the beautiful flowing sequencing of Vinyasa yoga, and the truly transformative powers of Pilates, our blend of barre is magical.
That’s why our Barre course is so in-demand:
“I’m keen to include more Barre Body trained instructors as your style of classes is proving so popular with our clients. Our instructor Laura trained with you and her class is continually booked out.” – Anita, Flex Body
And while there are plenty of quickie trainings available, we pride ourselves on delivering only the richest, most comprehensive courses. You’ll graduate fully equipped to teach strong, flowing classes – and you’ll be a lifetime member of our incredible teaching community. Don’t fake it till you make it. With the best training under your belt, you’ll know you’ve got this.
Our Barre course covers:
● Anatomy and physiology
● Alignment principles
● Industry leading barre repertoire
● Dynamic and effective teaching skills
● Formatting and sequencing for 45 + 60 minute classes
● Hands-on adjustments
● Pre and post natal modifications
● Common injuries and competency modifications
● Barre conditioning
● Yoga, ballet and Pilates terminology
● Variations for beginners to advanced students
● Practice teaching
● Cueing and verbal instructions
● Physical and correctional cueing
● Uncovering your unique teaching style
Our Barre teacher training course is 150 hours of fun! So you know exactly how those hours are made up, here is a breakdown:
● 10 hours pre-training
● 47 contact hours delivered in the studio (if you’re participating in the face to face course) or online
● 25 hours anatomy self-study via online review modules
● 25 hours repertoire self-study via online review modules
● 25 hours in-class observation and participation at Pilates, Yoga, and/or Barre Studios.
● 15 hours independent practise teaching
● 3 hours assessment prep and recording. You can submit your assessment up to 6 months after you complete your in-studio hours.
● Weekly guidance, feedback and mentoring via emails and Facebook community
What happens post course?
Over the weeks post-course you will receive emails from us as study guides to help you to complete your anatomy and repertoire revision. If at the end of the training you can’t look at another bone, muscle or exercise, take a moment. Save the emails in a folder in your inbox, and use them as a guide when you are ready to get back into it. Don’t leave it too long though, as the material will be fresh in your head straight after the course!
What should I expect from the course?
You’ll get nothing but love and support from us! Whether you’re participating in-studio or online, Barre Body instructors are exceptional, and always there to offer you guidance every step of the way. We make it our mission to make the information relevant and approachable, so even if you have zero teaching experience, you’ll be well looked after.
Presented by Emma Seibold and Gabrielle Gavin
Emma Seibold is the founder and owner of Barre Body and Bende, a group of 9 barre & Pilates studios, established in 2011. Emma has studied yoga, Pilates, meditation and barre teaching extensively (over 1000 hours combined), has taught thousands of hours of classes, and has been running teacher trainings within Barre Body since 2012.
As a member of Barre Body’s original teaching team, Gabrielle has had years of refining her own teaching style and truly immersing herself in the barre method of exercise. With a deep passion for uncovering new techniques and modifications to offer truly exceptional, safe and dynamic classes,
Gabrielle has delivered Barre Body's teacher training program in Sydney, Melbourne, Byron Bay, Perth, Hobart, Bali, Singapore and Taiwan.
Melbourne: 15 - 17 May 2020
23 - 24 May 2020
30 - 31 May 2020
Bali: 2 - 8 August 2020
Byron Bay: 12 - 18 October 2020
Sydney: 26 - 29 November 2020
4 - 6 December 2020
ESSA CPD Points
For more information or to enrol in the course, please contact the provider using the below details.
Ph: 0426 279 100