Assessment and Exercise Rehabilitation in Rheumatoid Arthritis
Assessment and Exercise Rehabilitation in Rheumatoid Arthritis is an online Professional Development course developed for Accredited Exercise Physiologists and relevant Allied Health Practitioners. The course includes the definition of Rheumatoid Arthritis, the pathophysiology of Rheumatoid Arthritis, Signs and Symptoms, the process of getting diagnosed and common medications used to treat the condition. The course also provides an overview of current research on exercise and Rheumatoid Arthritis, examination and assessment guidelines, contraindications and precautions, exercise rehabilitation goals, exercise prescription guidelines, referral to other health professionals and a case study application.
* Understand the pathophysiology of Rheumatoid Arthritis
* Recognise the signs and symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis
* Understand the process of diagnosis in Rheumatoid Arthritis patients
* Understand the role and possible side effects of common medications used to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis
* Understand and identify contraindications and precautions to testing and exercise in Rheumatoid Arthritis
* To identify exercise rehabilitation goals for patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis
* Understand how exercise affects the physiological problems associated with Rheumatoid Arthritis
* Design and implement an exercise program for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis in an acute, sub-acute or remission phase
* Understand when to refer to other Health Professionals
* Applying leaning outcomes to a case study application
* Understand and implement appropriate examination and assessment guidelines for patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis
Presented by Emma Sansalone
Accredited Exercise Physiologist Emma Sansalone established Rehab Training in 2009. She assesses and treats a range of chronic health conditions and injuries and has a special interest in Musculoskeletal, Neurological and Cardiac-Respiratory Rehabilitation. As a Health Professional Associate with Musculoskeletal Australia, she also has extensive experience and knowledge in assessing and managing various types of Arthritis. Emma also runs Gentle Exercise Classes for older adults within the community. Emma is Accredited with ESSA as an Exercise Physiologist & Exercise Scientist and presented at the ESSA Business Forum in 2011. She also lectures and writes courses within the Allied Health & Fitness industries. Emma has worked in a variety of rehabilitation settings including private practice, hospitals, clinics, community centres, nursing homes & fitness centres.
For more information or to enrol in the course, please contact the provider using the below details.