Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and POTS (Exercise Management)
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and POTS (Exercise Management) is an online professional development course developed for Accredited Exercise Physiologists. The course covers the pathophysiology of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and POTS, diagnostic criteria for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and POTS, outlines the multidisciplinary approach to treatment, provides an overview of the exercise response of patients with CFS, looks at current research on exercise, provides assessment guidelines, provides an overview of exercise prescription guidelines, implementing pacing strategies, contraindications and precautions and case study applications.
- Understand the pathophysiology of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & POTS
- Understand the diagnostic process of CFS & POTS
- Understand the multidisciplinary approach to treatment and managing CFS
- Understand the exercise response of patients with CFS compared to healthy individuals
- Obtain knowledge on current research and exercise in CFS patients
- Understand the role and possible side effects of common medications used to treat CFS and POTS
- Understand and implement appropriate examination and assessment guidelines for patients with CFS and POTS
- Understand and implement pacing strategies
- Understand and identify contraindications and precautions to testing and exercise in patients with CFS and POTS
- To identify exercise management goals for patients with CFS and POTS
- Understand how exercise affects the physiological problems associated with CFS and POTS
- Design and implement appropriate and safe exercise programs for patients with CFS and POTS
- Apply learning outcomes to case study applications
Presented by Emma Sansalone
Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Emma Sansalone established Rehab Training in 2008. Emma is Accredited with ESSA as an Exercise Physiologist & Exercise Scientist and presented at the ESSA Business Forum in 2011. She assesses and manages a range of chronic health conditions, and has a special interest in Chronic Fatigue states and Exercise Oncology. As a Health Professional Associate with Musculoskeletal Australia, Emma also has extensive experience and knowledge in assessing and managing various types of Arthritis and Osteoporosis. Emma also runs exercise classes for older adults, patients with Type II diabetes, cancer patients and patients requiring cardiac rehabilitation. Emma has been writing and presenting courses within the Allied Health and Fitness industries for over ten years.
Online - Available online from June 2020 (self-paced online course)
For more information or to enrol in the course, please contact the provider using the below details.
Website: https://rehabtraining.ecreators.com.au/ (enrol here)
Once enrolled you will have access to all course resources and lecture presentations. The full course manual and presentation slides can be downloaded for future reference. There is one assessment at the end of the course including multiple choice and true/false questions. Once you have completed the course assessment you will receive your grade straight away.