MAT Functional Assessment, Treatment and Training Course
Join us to learn how to use The MAT – the world's NUMBER ONE Assessment Tool.
Since our first MAT LIVE course five years ago, we’ve helped thousands of Physiotherapists, Chiropractors, Osteopaths, Podiatrists, Exercise Physiologists, Personal Trainers, Occupational, Massage and Sports Therapists improve their assessment using The MAT (Movement Assessment Tool) to get great results in their businesses.
Our MAT LIVE - Level 1 course features a highly practical learning experience in which we’ll help you bridge the gap between the traditional assessments you currently use and the functional movements your patients and clients need to help them achieve their goals.
On Day 1 of the MAT LIVE course, you will learn:
- 10+ NEW MAT assessments for the lower limb, spine and upper limb that will help you improve your assessment skills and you will be able to use the very next day!
- How to use the MAT to SET BASELINE MEASUREMENTS and make HIGHLY ACCURATE DECISIONS and track the progression of your patients and clients over time to help ensure that they reach their goals.
- The LATEST EVIDENCE around movement assessment + rehabilitation so you can take your assessment and exercise prescription to the next level.
- How The MAT can help you take the guesswork out of determining when your patients or athletes can have the best chance of RETURNING TO SPORT safely.
- How The MAT can help you determine whether your treatment or training plan is effective for your individual patients and clients.
- How to MEASURE all 3-DIMENSIONS of any movement in a way you have never been able to before and revitalise your practice.
- How the MAT can help you INCREASE BUY IN into your treatment + training plans, improve your outcomes and INCREASE YOUR REBOOKINGS ensuring your patients and clients reach their goals.
- How The MAT can help you stand out from other therapists and trainers and create a POINT OF DIFFERENCE to get more people through your door.
Day 2 is where everything you've been missing comes together:
We’ll show you how you can improve outcomes with your clients by using the meaningful, objective data that you can now gather from your new assessment skills using the MAT and show you:
- How you can use our MAT Treatment + Training FORMULA to help you take patients and clients from pain and sub-optimal function to performance using our 10-step approach to exercise prescription.
- How you put the latest PAIN SCIENCE research into action to help you manage those difficult patients and clients more effectively.
- The FIVE most important things that you need to include in your training and rehabilitation programs to enable people to complete their individual needs, wants and goals and get back doing what they love to do.
- How to avoid boring exercise prescription and get great results. No more generic exercises. No more 3×10 exercise prescription. Create expert rehabilitation plans using the 8 KEY FUNDAMENTAL MOVEMENTS to individually tailor your rehab plans to your patients and clients.
- How to use the 10 principles of NEUROPLASTICITY to create meaningful changes in your patient’s and client’s rehab plans to help make these changes more permanent and long-lasting.
Following our high quality, evidence-based education you’ll have:
- MORE CONFIDENCE in the physical assessment of the people you work with.
- MORE STRATEGIES to achieve amazing outcomes with your patients and clients.
- MORE SATISFACTION in your workplace helping people get back to 110% and achieve their goals.
- Greater retention using movement data to track progression over time leading to INCREASED REVENUE and better results.
- A unique NEW SERVICE STREAM to set you apart from your competition and help you promote your business.
- Made a return on your investment WITHIN 30 DAYS of attending the course.
What you will get with this course:
- FREE MAT (RRP: $229)
- 14 hours of the full practical MAT CPD education experience
- Access pre and post MAT LIVE course online portal with 6 hours of bonus video material
- Digital images for self-promotion as "MAT LIVE CERTIFIED" and a MAT LIVE certificate
- MAT Assessment and testing template
- Video analysis skills and app to revolutionise your assessment
- Full and extensive MAT material
- Discounts on MAT's + our MAT ONLINE Courses to help you take your assessment, treatment and training further
- 100% Money-Back Satisfaction Guarantee
Presented by Movement Assessment Technologies Stephen King and Andrew Lemon:
Stephen King is an Osteopath, Physiotherapist, Personal Trainer and Strength and Conditioning Coach. He has completed a three-year Bachelor of Science (Osteopathy) and a two year Master of Health Science in Osteopathy at Victoria University, as well as a Master in Physiotherapy from the University of South Australia. Stephen is also qualified as a Pilates instructor and incorporates Dry Needling with specific patients. While completing his Masters in Physiotherapy, Steve travelled to the USA and UK to undertake further study in functional movement and incorporates these techniques into his treatment and rehab programs. Steve also sits on the board of Sports Medicine Australia and is on committees at both the Australian Physiotherapy Association and Osteopathy Australia.
Alongside his fellow director at the Injury Rehab Centre, Osteopath Andrew Lemon, Steve started the MAT – Movement Assessment Technologies , one of the world’s leading continuing education providers of movement assessment and rehabilitation for health and fitness professionals. They have also created their own cutting edge Movement Assessment Tool (The M.A.T) that is currently being used by over 400 professionals around the world and in elite sporting environment such as the AFL, EPL, ERU and on the men’s and women’s golf and tennis tours. In 2015, they sold out their own conference, the Allied Movement Symposium that raised thousands of dollars for charity and brought together health and movement professionals from over 10 professions. 2015 was a busy year for Steve having also spoken at both the Myotherapy and Sports Medicine Australia conferences.
Steve has a keen interest in injury prevention, functional movement and rehabilitation; especially in prescribing and overseeing successful rehab programs for a wide range of conditions. These include low back and disc pain, lower limb injuries such ankle sprains, ACL and other knee injuries and hip impingement, as well as junior sports injuries, tendon injuries, work related injuries and pelvic painfollowing his first Masters degree which involved working with elite AFL players to develop rehabilitation recommendations for players with ‘Osteitis Pubis’. During his most recent Masters he conducted research looking at prevention strategies for ankle sprains. Steve is currently performing research at Victoria University around ankle injuries and injury prevention using his and the Functional Movement Group’s own M.A.T.
Steve’s fitness background influences his treatment style, enjoying post surgical and sporting injury treatment and exercise rehabilitation. He empowers all his patients to take an active role in their treatment and rehabilitation. Steve also has an extensive knowledge and passion for working with patient with chronic pain (pain lasting longer than 3 months) and has designed the Injury Rehab Centre to make it the ‘go-to’ place for chronic pain rehabilitation.
As you can most likely guess, when Steve isn’t working or travelling the world with the Functional Movement Group educating other health professionals or updating his knowledge studying he enjoys keeping fit in the gym, playing cricket and on his bike on the road.
Qualifications: B.Sc, M.H.Sc (Osteopathy), Master of Physiotherapy, Cert 3+4 in Fitness, DMA Pilates Level 1-4, Certification in Applied Functional Science
Andrew Lemon is an Osteopath and Functional Movement Specialist. He has completed a three-year Bachelor of Science (Osteopathy) and a two year Master of Health Science in Osteopathy at Victoria University. In 2013 Andrew completed a year long mentorship with the prestigious Gray Institute
in the USA who are also the providers of the NIKE Golf 360 program. This mentorship brought together thought leading professionals from around the world including medical staff from elite sporting institutions such as Everton Football Club and the Seattle Seahawks qualifying Andrew as one of the few therapists in Australia to become a Fellow of Applied Functional Science.
Alongside his fellow director at the Injury Rehab Centre, Physiotherapist and Osteopath Stephen King, Andrew started the Functional Movement Group
, a CPD education company that travels nationally and internationally teaching movement assessment and rehabilitation to health and fitness professionals. They have also created their own cutting edge Movement Assessment Tool (The M.A.T) that is currently being used by over 400 professionals around the world and in elite sporting environment such as the AFL, EPL, ERU and on the men’s and women’s golf and tennis tours. In 2015, the started the Allied Movement Symposium that raises thousands of dollars for charity and brings together health and movement professionals from over 10 different professions.
Andrew believes in movement as medicine and often uses an active treatment approach along with traditional Osteopathic techniques including Dry Needling, Taping and Kinesiotaping (which he completed his Masters research in), Chinese Cupping and the True Stretch system. Andrew has had success treating low back and disc pain, lower limb injuries such ankle sprains, patellar tracking syndrome, plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendinopathy, rotator cuff injuries, as well as postural related complaints such as neck pain and headaches. He also has a keen interest in how Osteopathic management can help golfer’s in increasing flexibility and power on course and reduce the risk of golf related lower back pain and golfer’s elbow.
Andrew spends his time off trying to keep fit in the gym, trying to fix his slice on the golf course and trying to attain Jimi Hendrix status on guitar, some of these endeavours are going better than others.
Qualifications: B.Sc, M.H.Sc (Osteopathy), Level Fellow of Applied Functional Science.
Ararat: 13 - 14 March 2020
Perth: 30 - 31 May 2020
Geelong: 1 - 2 August 2020
Centrral Coast NSW: 29 - 30 August 2020
Sydney: 14 - 15 November 2020
Brisbane: 21 - 22 November 2020
Melbourne: 28 - 29 November 2020
Busan: 18 - 19 April 2020
Shanghai: 25 - 26 April 2020
Kuala Lumpur: 2 - 3 May 2020
Manila: 9 - 10 May 2020
Seoul: 14 - 16 August 2020
Shanghai: 21 - 23 August 2020
London: 12 - 13 September 2020
Konstanz: 19 - 20 September 2020
Vienna: 25 - 27 September 2020
ESSA CPD Points
Super Early Bird
For more information or to enrol, please contact the provider using the below details:
Functional Movement Group