Pelvic Floor Fitness and Function
The Pilates Institute of Queensland is pleased to announce that they are running Clinical Pilates Courses on line via Zoom.
Live and interactive courses with master teachers that you can do from the comfort and safety of your home.
Spring out of your COVID 19 isolation with great Pilates exercise routines for your clients.
Offer your clients a great practical exercise system to strengthen and stretch their way back to full activity.
Zoom Online Course
This course is designed by physiotherapists so you can care for your clients as you are exercising them back to optimal function.
We are now delivering this course online live via Zoom.
Gain a better understanding of this muscle group and learn how to integrate pelvic floor training into your clients exercise routines.
This course covers:
• What can go wrong - pelvic floor injuries and pelvic pain
• How to activate correctly - are you pulling your pelvic floor up or pushing it down
• How do you cue for best pelvic floor function
• Breathing patterns to enhance pelvic floor function
• How do you position your back and pelvis for best pelvic floor function
• What poor muscle patterns do you spot for and correct
• What exercises are detrimental to the pelvic floor
• What exercises should you avoid at all cost
• What exercises help
• What synergistic muscles enhance pelvic floor training
• Antenatal and Post-natal exercise considerations for the pelvic floor
• Pelvic floor considerations in older clients
Presented by Jennifer Birckel B App Sc(Phty) APA Titled Sports Physiotherapist
Jenny is the director of The Pilates Institute of Queensland that conducts Pilates training courses for physiotherapists, exercise scientists/physiologists and fitness professionals. She has been working with Pilates for over 20 years and has operated and owned studios for over 18 years.
Jenny has worked with dancers and athletes for over 20 years and one of her practices used to be located in a full time dance school. Her clientele includes complex back rehabilitation patients as well as junior elite swimmers, ice skaters, sailors, rowers, tennis/rugby/soccer/netball players. Jenny also practices with older clientele concerned about their mobility, balance and overall wellness.
Jenny has many sports sporting interests these include ice skating, dressage riding, scuba diving, soccer, touch football and currently outrigger canoeing.
$350 (electronic course manual included)
Course date: 16 May 2020 from 10.30am to 4.30pm (Zoom Online Course)
ESSA CPD Points
For more information or to enroll in the course, please contact the provider below:
Pilates Institute of Queensland
Ph: 0444 565 958
Fx: 07 3399 2280