Posture, Pain and Function
The aim of this online Professional Development course is to provide you with information on Posture, Pain and Function. The course covers principles relating to alignment and postural problems, static postural and gait analysis, assessment guidelines, corrective and contraindicated exercises, and stretches for common postural conditions. The course also covers Ergonomic assessments and referral to other health professionals.
- To understand the importance of posture and principles relating to alignment and postural dysfunction
- Identify causes of poor posture
- Understand ideal postural alignment profiles
- Perform a static postural assessment
- Perform a Gait Analysis
- Identify the short and long muscles for common postural conditions
- Follow assessment guidelines when performing postural assessments (static assessment and gait analysis)
- Prescribe corrective exercises for common postural conditions
- Understand and identify contraindicated exercises for common postural conditions
- Prescribe appropriate mobilisation exercises and stretches for common postural conditions
- Perform an Ergonomic Assessment
- Understand and implement appropriate examination and assessment guidelines for patients with common postural conditions
- Understand when to refer to other Health Professionals
- Applying leaning outcomes to case study applications
Presented by Emma Sansalone
Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Emma Sansalone established Rehab Training in 2008. Emma is Accredited with ESSA as an Exercise Physiologist & Exercise Scientist and presented at the ESSA Business Forum in 2011. She assesses and treats a range of chronic health conditions, and has a special interest in Chronic Fatigue states, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Exercise Oncology. As a Health Professional Associate with Musculoskeletal Australia, Emma also has extensive experience and knowledge in assessing and managing various types of Arthritis and Osteoporosis. Emma also runs exercise classes for older adults, patients with Type II diabetes, cancer patients and patients requiring cardiac rehabilitation. Emma has been writing and presenting courses within the Allied Health and Fitness industries for over ten years.
For more information or to enrol in the course, please contact the provider using the below details.
Once enrolled you will have access to all course resources and lecture presentations. The full course manual and presentation slides can be downloaded for future reference. There is one assessment at the end of the course including multiple choice and true/false questions. Once you have completed the course assessment you will receive your grade straight away.