Restoring Optimal Function Series: Hip, Knee and Ankle
This practical workshop is ideal for health professionals who are looking to tailor personalised programs for their 1-on-1 clients to restore optimal function in the HIP, KNEE and ANKLE region.
We will look at the functional anatomy of these three areas and their relationship to each other. The common injuries, dysfunctions, and compensatory patterns that you are likely to see in your clients will be reviewed, as well as how to avoid these injuries through stretches and strength exercises.
Topics Covered Include:
- Understand how posture can affect muscle length and tension around the hip
- Understand gravity’s effect on the hip knee and ankle joints
- Perform specific length tests for muscles acting around the hip
- Learn exercises to stretch and strengthen muscles around the hip for optimal
Pelvic Stability and Hip Stability
- Understand the importance of how teams of muscles provide stability to the pelvic joints, and thus why functional exercises are essential for exercise programs
- Learn basic tests and exercises for the deep hip external rotators
- Learn specific stretches and strengthening exercises to address the main concerns for all the common hip injuries
Knee Joint Analysis
- Learn specific stretches and strengthening exercises for maintenance of optimal knee function
- Gain a solid understanding of common injuries which occur around the knee such as ACL reconstructions and patello-femoral pain, and the appropriate exercise progressions to address them.
Ankle Joint Analysis
- Be able to understand and identify specific stretches and strengthening exercises for maintenance of optimal ankle function
- Gain a solid understanding of common injuries which occur around the ankle and the appropriate exercise progressions to address them
What you will get:
- A printed comprehensive workshop manual and course notes
- A certificate of completion
- A professionally delivered, personal and practical workshop in a small group
Presented by Merrin Martin
Merrin is the owner of Active Anatomy Health Professional Education and Physiotherapy. Since 2007 she has been developing and presenting workshops to health professionals around Australia in addition to working as a physiotherapist. Merrin has extensive lecturing experience within the fitness industry and is regarded as an expert in her role as educator in specific exercise programs and managing injuries.
Book online at http://www.activeanatomy.com/courses
| 17 November 2018
ESSA CPD Points
For more information or to enroll in the workshop please visit us at www.activeanatomy.com or contact us at:
Ph: (02) 9451 9014