Do you have clients overly focused on their pain?
Is your client not following through on advice?
Would you like your client to achieve ambitious goals?
Master your skills in managing clients with complex and chronic pain conditions in this 2 day workshop to help your clients achieve their full potential.
This 2 day workshop is designed to challenge and extend your skills to manage clients with persistent pain by providing exercise physiologists with a broader range of effective and practical rehabilitation options. The workshop focuses on developing:
• a further understanding of why pain can persist
• skills to better identify the “hidden” barriers through a more comprehensive assessment process
• a framework of treatment options for clients with ongoing pain
• goals that your client is motivated to achieve
• novel graded exposure plans to address fear avoidant behaviours
• sleep strategies to improve disrupted sleep
• specific CBT and ACT techniques to address pain
• practical strategies to address a client who is ‘stuck’
• techniques to more effectively address challenging communication issues when dealing with resistance and how to manage difficult conversations
The workshop has a very strong practical focus to ensure you are able to implement the strategies into your working day. Small group work is undertaken to allow time to practice new skills and numbers are strictly limited to ensure the workshop is highly interactive.
Nick and Jacqui have delivered this Pain Management in Practice workshop for 11 years. They work clinically at Empower Rehab, a clinic specialising in the management of complex and chronic pain conditions, located in Heidelberg Heights, Melbourne. They have both been invited to present at the Australian Pain Society conference, been invited speakers to a series of Employer Networks, and have had papers accepted to present at the Australian Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine and Australian Physiotherapy Association conferences as well as presenting at webinars, seminars and panel forums around Australia on best practice pain management.
Both presenters are involved throughout both days. Their integrated approach allows participants to stay engaged throughout both days to enhance the richness of the learning experience. Empower Rehab was recognised for its high quality professional development workshops and clinical treatment of injured workers by winning the Victorian WorkSafe treating health practitioner achievement award in November 2012.
|3 – 4 May 2018|
|24 – 25 May 2018|
|21 – 22 June 2018|
|25 – 26 October 2018|
|15 – 16 October 2018|
|29 – 30 November 2018|
Members $584.10 early bird/ $710.10 standard
Non Members $649 early bird/$789 standard
Student Members $486.75 early bird/$591.75 standard
Student Non Members $486.75 early bird/$591.75 standard
Please note relevant discount on your registration form
For more information or to enrol, please contact the provider using the below details:
Ph: 03 9459 3344