The information provided is a summary of current evidence-based best practice information that has been disseminated to all National Sporting Organisations and Olympic and Paralympic bodies to help in athlete and staff preparation for the Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2021.
The recording is of a webinar presented by ESSA on 18 June 2020.
Presented by Dr Jamie Stanley
Dr Jamie Stanley is a sports physiologist specialising in performance and recovery optimisation working with world recording holding, Olympic, Commonwealth, and World champion athletes of the Australian Cycling Team track program, and South Australian Sports Institute swimming program. Jamie also holds an adjunct research position at the University of South Australia, is a member of the Australian Institute of Sport Tokyo Heat Project, and is a contributor for The Science and Application of High-Intensity Interval Training textbook and online course (www.hiitscience.com). He has a special interest in integrating environmental stress into training to enhance adaptations. Formerly Jamie worked at the Queensland Academy of Sport Triathlon program as a research scientist after completing his PhD at the University of Queensland with support from the Queensland Academy of Sport Centre of Excellence for Applied Sport Science Research. As an athlete, Jamie competed at an elite level in triathlon, but is now chasing a sub 2 hour 30 minute marathon.
Rates per person
|ESSA Student Member
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
Access to podcast
You will be provided all information to access this podcast within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist, Accredited Exercise Physiologists, Accredited Sport Scientists Level 1, Accredited Sport Scientists Level 2 and/or Accredited High Performance Manager
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Myself" button below
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration (including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration which holds a 1.0% merchant fee. Merchant fee included in registration cost below.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.