Optimal patient outcomes cannot be achieved without exercise and fitness professionals having skills in client engagement in and behaviour change. This webinar will outline the common traps that professionals often fall into and offers alternative strategies to overcome these.
Presented by Ms Caroline Bills, MPhysio(Research), Licensed HealthChange® Associate
Caroline is a Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist and Licensed HealthChange® Associate. She has extensive clinical experience in the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions and chronic pain and has worked in partnership with fitness professionals for many years. She has been involved with teaching fitness professionals at Victoria and Deakin Universities on the Master of Clinical Exercise and Rehabilitation course. Much of her time is now spent delivering training to fitness and other health professionals in HealthChange® Methodology. This is a unique clinical practice methodology that enables service providers to embed person-centred behaviour change into their work. She has also integrated HealthChange® Methodology into her own clinical practice to engage and retain clients. Doing this has altered her clinical style, broadened her clinical skill set and enables her to work systematically and efficiently with complex and chronic problems to get the best possible client outcomes. This has changed her clinical practice to make work more satisfying and effective.
Date & Time
Thursday, 23 April 2020
12:00pm - 1:30pm AEST
Please note, the times listed are in Australian Eastern Standard Time.
Your local time will be:
12:00pm – 1:30pm
NSW: 12:00pm – 1:30pm
NT: 11:30am – 1:00pm
QLD: 12:00am – 1:30pm
SA: 12:30am – 2:00pm
TAS: 12:00pm – 1:30pm
VIC: 12:00pm – 1:30pm
WA: 10:00am – 11:30am
Rates per person
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
|ESSA Student Member
Access to Webinar
You will be provided all information to access this webinar within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist, Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Accredited Sport Scientists Level 1 and 2 and/or Accredited High Performance Manager
ESSA CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the pink "Register Myself" button below
Manual Form: click here
Registration for this professional development will close at 10:00am AEDT on Thursday, 23 October 2020.
* Credit card payment is required with online registration which holds a 1.0% merchant fee. Merchant fee included in registration cost below.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.