Considerations for establishing a Sports Science Consultancy Business
This webinar will explore the aspects that need to be considered when starting and running a sport science consultancy business. Understanding the dynamics and the needs of the market will be discussed and how the services offered can meet those needs. A selection of frameworks and tools to make this assessment will be outlined, as well as contemporary entrepreneurial techniques.
The recording is of a webinar presented by ESSA on 28 August 2019.
Presented by Dr Marc Portus, Phd, EMBA, AHPM, ASpS2
Marc Portus has over 20 years' experience in elite sport, 12 of those leading and managing high performance teams at Cricket Australia, Praxis Sport and at the Australian Institute of Sport. He has an Executive MBA with an international leadership specialisation and a PhD investigating spinal injuries in cricket fast bowlers.
Marc has extensive experience working in multi-jurisdictional business contexts, delivering performance frameworks, research outcomes and technological innovations across multiple governance and geographical boundaries, fro Cricket Australia as the SSSM Manager, for the International Cricket Council as an HP consultant and for the Australian Sports Commission as the Head of AIS Movement Sciences.
Marc also specialises in projectile biomechanics, offering consulting services to cricket fast bowlers as "The Pace Doctor", baseball pitchers and all football codes kicking skills.
Rates per person
|ESSA Student Member
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
Access to podcast
You will be provided all information to access this podcast within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist, Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Accredited Sports Scientist level 1 and Level 2 and/or Accredited High Performance Manager
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the pink "Register Myself" button below
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration (including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration which holds a 1.0% merchant fee. Merchant fee included in registration cost below.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.