This professional development will provide an overview of current physical activity levels in children, challenges facing clinicians and parents, and the importance of building motivation and confidence towards physical activity, particularly those with chronic and complex conditions. Focusing on clinical paediatric populations, this workshop will focus on translating current research, guidelines and key practical considerations for an exercise physiologist or movement therapist to empower parents to build children's confidence and motivation toward physical activity.
The recording is of a webinar presented by ESSA on 17 July 2019.
Presented by Miss Kemi Wright, AES, AEP, PhD Candidate
Kemi is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist currently completing her PhD in paediatric exercise rehabilitation, specifically investigating how to improve physical activity levels in children with low movement proficiency.
Since completing her AEP qualifications, Kemi has worked to implement multifaceted exercise interventions for the physiological and/or psychological benefit in special populations including children and youth, chronic disease and mental illness. Through her involvement in the Paediatric programs at UWA and as a director of the Thriving - "Building Strong and Healthy Young People through Exercise" she has gained a broad knowledge base and experience working people with various pathologies and conditions, including Austism, ADHD, cancer, intellectual disabilities and mental health conditions.
Rates per person
|ESSA Student Member
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
Access to podcast
You will be provided all information to access this podcast within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist and/or Accredited Exercise Physiologist
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Myself" button below
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration (including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration which holds a 1.0% merchant fee. Merchant fee included in registration cost below.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.