Understanding movement and compensation patterns associated with injury can improve rehabilitation outcomes. Following an injury, or when experiencing pain, movement alters. This compensation has been shown to further increase injury risk, of which these factors are modifiable. In this practical workshop, you will learn how to assess, and grade patterns of motion based on common musculoskeletal and orthopaedic disorders. As well as prescribe exercises to improve and maintain movement quality.
Please note, this workshop was presented nationally by ESSA in 2017 and 2018.
The Functional Movement for Injury Prevention – Prescription (Level 2) workshop, being held in Perth on Sunday, 8 September 2019 is a follow on from this Professional Development.
Presented by Mr Jonathan Freeman, AEP ESSAM MExSci(Rehab) BExSci&Nutr
Jonathan Freeman is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Injury Rehabilitation and Athletic Performance Consultant. Currently a sessional academic in biomechanics and functional anatomy for Southern Cross University, Jonathan is also the director of The Athletes Workshop, where he consults for the Chinese Swimming Association and many International athletes. He also is the co-founder and director of Club Active a facility to help ‘change the way you age’. With a keen interest in the biomechanics of movement he has and continues to present such topics for many national and the international fitness conferences and University programs.
Saturday, 7 September 2019
8:30am – 5:30pm
Must be received and paid for on or before
7 August 2019
If received and paid for on or after
8 August 2019
|ESSA Student Member
|Student Non Member
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientists, Accredited Exercise Physiologists, Accredited Sports Scientist Level 1, Accredited Sports Scientist Level 2 and/or Accredited High Performance Managers.
This is a repeat of an ESSA workshop delivered in 2017 and 2018:
2017: Functional Movement Assessment for Injury Prevention
2018: Functional Movement Assessment and Prescription for Injury Prevention
ESSA CPD Points
7 CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the pink "Register Myself" button below
Manual Form: click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration which holds a 1.0% merchant fee. Merchant fee included in registration cost below.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.