Successful practitioners regularly engage with their local community service organisations to establish and strengthen sustainable referral pathways. Successful engagement can improve community understanding of the role of exercise professionals and provide opportunities for practitioners to better understand how their local communities work.
This PDO outlines how to identify, locate and initiate engagement with community service organisations to develop mutually beneficial partnerships. The PDO is being presented by Simon Nugus, CEO of Volunteering Services Australia. Volunteering Services Australia is the largest Volunteer Resource Centre of its kind in Australia and a major provider of community transport services to older Australians across several states.
This PDO is mandatory for all authorised providers of the Exercise Right for Active Ageing Project prior to conducting subsidised exercise classes.
The recording is of a webinar presented by ESSA on 22 July 2019.
Presented by Simon Nugus, CEO Volunteering Services Australia
Simon has been involved in the not for profit sector for almost 15 years, having held senior management and executive leadership positions within some of the country’s largest community services NGOs. He is currently the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Volunteering Services Australia. His executive experience includes working for large community services organisations including Mercy Community and the Endeavour Foundation.
His specialities include disability services and child protection sectors, and he has developed and operated national education, employment, sport, social and recreational initiatives which created opportunities for thousands of young Australians living with a disability to access the mainstream opportunities enjoyed by their peers. To this end, Simon is passionate about ensuring that all people, regardless of their abilities, are empowered to fully participate and be included in opportunities which enable them to achieve their goals and aspirations.
Rates per person
|ESSA Student Member
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
Access to podcast
You will be provided all information to access this podcast within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist and Accredited Exercise Physiologist
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Myself" button below
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration (including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration which holds a 1.0% merchant fee. Merchant fee included in registration cost below.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.
- If using an ESSA member promo code to purchase this podcast, the promo code has a maximum value of $30, so any outstanding balance will be payable at time of purchase.