This podcast will share the insights developed from working within and leading numerous high-performance teams to successful performance. Steve Ingham will discuss the dynamics experienced when first becoming a leader or manager; the most common pitfalls and mistakes; the dynamics of under- performing and high-performing teams and how to manage and inspire effectively.
The recording is of a webinar presented by ESSA on 4 May 2020.
Presented by Dr Steve Ingham
Dr Steve Ingham is steeped in high performance and has been integral to the development of Britain into an Olympic superpower. He has provided support to over 1,000 athletes, of which over 200 have achieved World or Olympic medal success, including some of the world’s greatest athletes, such as Dame Jessica Ennis-Hill, Sir Steve Redgrave and Sir Matthew Pinsent. Steve has coached Kelly Sotherton’s running for heptathlon and to 4x400m Olympic medal winning success.
Steve has gained high performance insight working at the British Olympic Association from 1998 to 2004, where he was Senior Sports Physiologist and Sports Science Manager, and at the English Institute of Sport from 2004 to 2016 where he was Head of Physiology and latterly the Director of Science and Technical Development, leading a team of 200 scientists in support of Team GB and Paralympics GB. Steve holds a BSc, PhD and is a Fellow of the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences.
Steve is the author of the bestselling “How to Support a Champion – The art of applying science to the elite athlete”, discussing and inspiring the importance of learning and adapting to reach our maximum potential. Steve established Supporting Champions with the ambition of bringing performance know-how to help people achieve their goals.
Rates per person
|ESSA Student Member
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist, Accredited Exercise Physiologists, Accredited Sport Scientists Level 1, Accredited Sport Scientists Level 2 and/or Accredited High Performance Manager with 5+ years experience
ESSA CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Myself" button below
Manual Form: click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration which holds a 1.0% merchant fee. Merchant fee included in registration cost below.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.