This professional development will provide an overview of the exercise considerations for people who have been diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy. There are many types of Muscular Dystrophy; however, during this webinar, we will focus on: Duchenne, Becker, and Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy. In particular this webinar will discuss the pathophysiology of the different types, as well as translating research and guidelines into applied Exercise Physiology practice.
The recording is of a webinar presented by ESSA on 18 September 2019.
Presented by Rebecca Martin
Rebecca Martin completed her Bachelor of Science (Exercise Science) at the University of Wollongong & her Masters of Exercise Physiology at the University of Sydney. Rebecca is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist & Exercise Scientist who has worked in private practice in Western Sydney, and is currently working at Physio Inq as part of the NSW mobile therapy team, she is based within the Southern and Eastern Sydney regions. She is passionate about exercise for the prevention and management of common chronic diseases and musculoskeletal conditions. Rebecca has taken a special interest in Muscular Dystrophy, working with a number of clients with a form of this condition. She is enthusiastic about continuing to improve education and understanding of the benefits of exercise prescription for people living with Muscular Dystrophy. Particularly as exercise was previously a controversial treatment modality.
Rates per person
|ESSA Student Member
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist, Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Accredited Sport Scientists Level 1 and/or Accredited Sport Scientists Level 2
ESSA CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Myself" button below
Manual Form: click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration which holds a 1.0% merchant fee. Merchant fee included in registration cost below.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.