This professional development is designed to support new graduates approach consultations using a systematic conversation and series of resources. It is an approach suitable to the majority of their uncomplicated CDM clients. It can be a stand-alone strategy or the basis of draw through sales for supervised exercise sessions. It models materials and reporting approaches that are compliant and able to be tailored to their practice systems and circumstances. Discussion of reporting is addressed in a way that encourages the development of mutually satisfying referral relationships with their GP and medical network off the back of the oft times frustrating single session referral.
The recording is of a webinar presented by ESSA on 10 July 2019.
Presented by Dr Belinda Giles, BA(HMS), MSc(Research), PhD, ESSAM, AES, AEP
Belinda Giles PhD ESSAM is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist with clinical interests in active ageing, cancer survival and weight management. A former Research Facilitator for the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, her clinical, research and academic work has focused on the physical activity of daily life- How people judge what is enough physical activity for health? Who encourages people to greater activity? What health outcomes people notice arising from the activity of their daily lives? What kind of settings help people embrace full active lives?
Belinda continues to pursue the answers to these questions through professional practice in two commercial clinical contexts predominantly focussed on injury rehabilitation and servicing GP Management Plans.
An avid online cyclist, Belinda has shared her love of home-based programs. She has contracted Cancer Council of NSW over the last 12 years developing approaches to delivering standard materials to people in unique individual situations. Currently Belinda is collaborating with her husband Mitchell to improve the uptake of Exercise Physiology services and introduce automated compliance monitoring systems in chronic disease management.
Rates per person
|ESSA Student Member
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
Access to podcast
You will be provided all information to access this podcast within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist and/or Accredited Exercise Physiologist
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Myself" button below
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration (including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration which holds a 1.0% merchant fee. Merchant fee included in registration cost below.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.