Learn the 3 factors that will help your tendinopathy patient recover fast:
1. Thorough assessment : Confirming the tendon is the cause of the pain
2. What you say (specific tendon advice)
3. What exercises you prescribe (specific tendon exercise prescription)
This course will also help you
* Refresh the anatomy of a tendon and understand the cellular process involved in tendinopathy and tendon repair/return to function
* Understand the risk factors of tendinopathy (including metabolic disease, hyperlipidaemia, menopause, as well as over-training)
* Identify patients at risk of tendinopathy and implement steps to minimise risk
* How to successfully assess and determine that the tendon is the cause of pain
* Be able to implement the tendinopathy treatment continuum (from sub-acute stage to return to sport). Gain loads of great exercise ideas for your patient at every stage of their rehab.
* Other treatments: what other treatments are useful/not useful and when to refer (massage, foam rolling, Physio, injections)
* Imaging – when to refer to GP, what to look for in imaging reports
* When the tendon isn’t the cause of pain – understand what other injuries can occur at the same joint.
Presented by Melissa Vincent, MPhty APAM BExScR(Hons) ESSAM
Melissa Vincent, known as Mel, is both a Physiotherapist (graduated with Masters of Physiotherapy in 2016) and an Exercise Physiologist with 20 years experience in musculoskeletal rehabilitation. Due to her dual qualifications, Mel treats patients with acute, post-acute and persisting pain/conditions. Mel also regularly tutors Exercise Physiology and Physiotherapy students and presented a successful 2018 ESSA Roadshow titled “The Running Patient: Real-Time Run Analysis and Functional Rehabilitation”
Mel has experience in:
* Real-time video assessment and treatment of running-based injuries
* Musculoskeletal assessment to assist diagnosis of injury, and the best treatment required to optimise recovery
* Exercise prescription to assist recovery from injury/injury prevention/and performance. Emphasis of treatment is on return to function / return to sport.
Mel has attended a variety of continuing education courses involving tendinopathy (targeted towards Physiotherapists and Exercise Physiologists) from 2013 to current.
Saturday, 17 August 2019
8:00am – 6:00pm
Must be received and paid for on or before
17 July 2019
If received and paid for on or after
18 July 2019
|ESSA Student Member
|Student Non Member
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist, Accredited Exercise Physiologists, Accredited Sports Scientist Level 1, Accredited Sports Scientist Level 2, Exercise Science/Physiology Students, Podiatrists and/or Physiotherapists.
ESSA CPD Points
8.5 CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the pink "Register Myself" button below
Manual Form: click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration which holds a 1% merchant fee. Merchant fee included in registration cost below.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.