There is an emerging role for exercise physiologists within the prevention and treatment of mental illness. Psychosis is a mental illness which is associated with a range of physical health co-morbidities, largely due to unhealthy lifestyles. This CPD course will provide an introduction to psychosis psychopathology, describe the current evidence around physical activity interventions, offer best-practise guidelines and practical implications when working with this population.
The recording is of a webinar presented by ESSA on 10 September 2019.
Presented by Dr Oscar Lederman, PhD, B.ExPhys, ESSAM, AES, AEP
Dr Oscar Lederman is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist at the Prince of Wales Hospital and Adjunct Associate lecturer at the University of New South Wales, Sydney. Oscar coordinates and supervises the exercise physiology program at Eastern Suburbs Mental Health. Oscar research and advocacy in the mental health field has been key in defining the role and scope of practice of exercise professionals in mental health. Oscar regularly provides education and training for students, mental health professionals regarding the role of exercise and AEP interventions in mental illness. Oscar’s research is focused on exploring the role of exercise in improving the physical and mental well-being of people experiencing mental illness and is a published author.
Rates per person
|ESSA Student Member
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
Access to podcast
You will be provided all information to access this podcast within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist and/or Accredited Exercise Physiologist
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Myself" button below
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration (including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration which holds a 1.0% merchant fee. Merchant fee included in registration cost below.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.