Post-operative Management following Common Orthopaedic Hip Surgeries: Evidence-based & Clinically Designed Rehabilitation Leads to Better Outcomes
After hugely popular workshops previously held by Dr Ebert, this workshop is designed to provide participants with the tools needed to appropriately rehabilitate patients following a wide array of common orthopaedic hip surgeries, including hip arthroscopy, labral tears and repair, femoroacetabular impingement, greater trochanteric pain syndrome and hip arthroplasty.
Following workshop completion, the delegate will have a better understanding of pertinent hip anatomy, biomechanics and relevance to optimal hip function, injury mechanism, clinical assessment and the wide array of orthopaedic hip complaints and associated surgery employed to address these common pathological conditions. Post-operative management for these surgeries will be covered, including initial assessment measures and progressive exercise prescription.
Presented by Dr Jay R. Ebert, PhD, ESSAF
Jay Ebert has been a Director and practicing Accredited Exercise Physiologists for more than 15 years at the HFRC Rehabilitation Clinic. HFRC is a centre specialising in lower limb musculoskeletal injury, orthopaedic surgery and post-operative rehabilitation. Prior to the onset of his clinical careers, Jay Ebert completed his PhD in the area of post-operative rehabilitation for lower limb surgeries, and he has been (and currently is) working on a number of orthopaedic research projects investigating new surgical techniques and post-operative rehabilitation specifically for the hip. Jay Ebert is currently a lecturer and the unit coordinator of Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation at the University of Western Australia.
Saturday, 21 September 2019
8:30am – 5:30pm
1 London Circuit
Must be received and paid for on or before
21 August 2019
If received and paid for on or after
22 August 2019
|ESSA Student Member
|Student Non Member
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist, Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Accredited Sports Scientist Level 1 and/or Accredited Sports Scientist Level 2
All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
ESSA CPD Points
7 CPD Points
Online registration is now closed.
If you wish to attend this workshop please download and complete the manual registration form and take it with you to the venue:
1 London Circuit
* Credit card payment is required with online registration which holds a 1.0% merchant fee. Merchant fee included in registration cost below.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.