Ever been compared to a PT or a Physio? Returning to practice? Struggling to stand out in a crowd? Don’t know where to start with your job search? Trying to increase your referrals but no-one understands who you are? Never fear, help is here!
The podcast is for anyone who would benefit from help in promoting who they are and what they do in order to get a first job, build a client base or educate consumers and other professionals.
This podcast aims to help people;
1. Advocate for your personal professional value
2. Apply your enthusiasm to your professional practice
3. Identify your relevant stakeholders and understand how you can meet their needs
4. Draft and practice your ‘elevator pitch’
5. Develop confidence in selling yourself
6. Enhance skills in approaching job search and interviews/referral meetings
7. Support and maximise skills in advocating for your profession
The recording is of a webinar presented by ESSA on 25 October 2017.
Presented by Nardine Presland AES, AEP
Nardine Presland, Practice Development Advisor for ESSA developed this self-help webinar after years of hearing students, experienced ESSA members, employers and consumers struggle with an understanding of how an exercise and sports science professional can help people/stakeholders. I.e. sell themselves.
Nardine is also nearing the completion of her post graduate qualification in careers education and development and is passionate about helping people promote the best version of themselves.
Rates per person
|ESSA Student Member
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
Access to podcast
You will be provided all information to access this podcast within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist, Accredited Exercise Physiologist and Accredited Sports Scientist
Audience Disclaimer: All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice, and only treat/practice within the same.
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the pink "Register Myself" button below
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration (including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
- Credit card payment is required with online registration which holds a 1.0% merchant fee. Merchant fee included in registration cost below.
- If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
- Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.