Adapted Physical Activity - A Practical Application Podcast
This podcast will provide an overview of adapted physical activity and how it can be applied in a practical context for coaches and instructors to help ensure everyday practice is as inclusive as it can be.
This is a recording of an ESSA webinar presented on 7 April 2020.
Presented by Mr Peter Downs, MSc Adapted Physical Activity
Peter Downs completed a European Masters Degree in Adapted Physical Activity in 1992 through the University of Newcastle (UK) following a BSc in Sports Studies/Business Studies through Surrey University. Shortly after arriving in Australia in 1993 he began a 27 year career working for the Australian Sports Commission, as the Manager of the Disability Sport Unit for 17 years, Assistant Director of the Integrity Unit for 2 years and Manager of Play by the Rules for the past 7 years. Play by the Rules (www.playbytherules.net.au) is federal and state government collaboration that provides resources and education to help keep community sport safe, fair and inclusive. In 2012 he co-founded The Inclusion Club, an online resource that shares models of good practice in sport and recreation for people with disability (www.theinclusionclub.com). In 2014 he was awarded a Churchill Fellowship to study models of good practice in sport and physical activity for people with disability in Finland, the UK and US.
>Rates per person
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
|ESSA Student Member
Access to Podcast
You will be provided information on how to access this Podcast within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist, Accredited Exercise Physiologists, Accredited Sports Scientists Level 1, Accredited Sports Scientists Level 2 and/or Accredited High Performance Manager
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Now" button on the right
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration (including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.
- All Professional Development logistics are correct at time of publication. Subject to change at anytime without notice.