Evidence-based Exercise for Golf Podcast
Is the golfer 'under-trained' or 'under-transferred'? Isolate where each individual golfer's performance breakdown is occurring to keep them progressing towards greater enjoyment and success in their sport, no matter what level they play. Learn the key physical, technical and competition performance relationships needed to maximise training effectiveness for golf performance. Based on the largest study ever undertaken on competitive golfers, Scott's PhD research has uncovered the benchmarks golfers require to maximise performance, using a comprehensive test battery from the peer-reviewed literature.
This is a recording of an ESSA webinar presented on 27 October 2022.
Presented by Dr. Scott Williams, PhD (Human Movement), BExSci (Hons), BHSci, AEP
Dr. Scott Williams is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Strength & Conditioning Coach and Myotherapist with a PhD (Human Movement) and 24 years experience as a practitioner.
Having founded Ocean Fitness in 2001, Scott has worked in nearly all clinical settings available to an Exercise Physiologist.
In addition to private clinical practice, Scott has consulted to multiple high-performance golf programs of: PGA of Australia, Australian Institute of Sport, Golf Australia, several international golf academies and more than 1000 practitioners, athletes and coaches from around the world. Scott has helped golfers on every major tour across the world including 12 who have achieved top 100 rankings and has trained Olympic, international and professional level athletes in the sports of sailing, boxing, AFL, dancing and equestrian. Scott completed his PhD at Victoria University in 2022 where he coordinated the largest ever (based on sample size and measures collected) prospective longitudinal study into golf performance. The study examined the relationships between physical, technical and competition performance measures in a heterogenous sample of 155 golfers. Scott has published a scientific article in the European Journal of Sport Science and a Golf Fitness Book titled “Get A Grip”. Scott draws on his knowledge and experience in many different fields and applies them in order to create physical potential with all of his clients.
Rates per person
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
|ESSA Student Member
Access to Podcast
You will be provided information on how to access this Podcast within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist, Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Accredited Sports Scientist Level 1, Accredited Sports Scientist Level 2 and/or Accredited High Performance Manager.
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Now" button on the right
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration (including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.
- All Professional Development logistics are correct at time of publication. Subject to change at anytime without notice.