Exercise and Cerebral Palsy - an evidence based approach Podcast
This podcast will develop the confidence and skills to work with clients with disabilities. In particular this podcast focuses on Cerebral Palsy and the role exercise physiologists can make to improve their clients health and wellbeing.
Learn about common co-morbidities and considerations when working within this client group. Learn how to set goal-directed strength and fitness programs and utilise exercise for chronic disease management with this population.
The recording is of a webinar presented by ESSA on 21 August 2019.
Presented by Lauren Hansen, AEP
Lauren is the Senior Clinical Exercise Physiologist at the Cerebral Palsy Alliance, where she has worked for the past 7 years. She enjoys working within our accessible gym and hydrotherapy pool facilities to provide services to clients. She understands that it can be difficult to just ‘go to a gym’ for many people with disabilities, and therefore she helps clients to access appropriate exercises to keep them fit and healthy and participate fully in their community.
Lauren is also a swim instructor and coach, coaching a swimming team for children with disabilities who range from early learn to swim through to competition.
Rates per person
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
|ESSA Student Member
Access to podcast
You will be provided all information to access this podcast within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist, Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Accredited Sports Scientist Level 1 and/or Accredited Sports Scientist Level 2
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Now" button on the right
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration (including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.
- All Professional Development logistics are correct at time of publication. Subject to change at anytime without notice.