Exercise Physiology for the LGBTQIA+ Community: Working inclusively with trans, non-binary and gender diverse individual Podcast
With a new generation moving forward, this comes with it the need for conventional health services to be revolutionised to ensure there is inclusivity for all consumers, including those who are gender diverse. This presentation focuses on the emerging role of exercise physiology intervention for trans, non-binary and gender diverse individuals. The presentation explores some of the challenges for these consumers to engage in physical activity, the physiological effects associated with gender-affirming treatment, and the current exercise recommendations.
This is a recording of an ESSA webinar presented on 10 November, 2021.
Presented by Jade Ellings, B.ClinExPhys (Hons 1), AES, AEP, ESSAM
Jade Ellings, pronouns: she/her, is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP), a member of the LGBTQI+ community, and proud ally of trans, non-binary and gender diverse individuals. Jade is currently employed through Children’s Health Queensland Hospital and Health Service, within their Child and Youth Mental Health Service, and has previously worked within the Queensland Children’s Gender Service. Jade was awarded ESSA’s 2020 Exercise Physiologist of the Year for her work providing exercise physiology intervention for trans, non-binary and gender diverse young people. Jade now advocates for inclusive practice, equal participation in sport, and for all AEPs to be educated on how to provide care to meet the physical and mental health needs of trans, nonbinary and gender diverse individuals.
Rates per person
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
|ESSA Student Member
Access to Podcast
You will be provided information on how to access this Podcast within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist, Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Accredited Sports Scientist Level 1, Accredited Sports Scientist Level 2 and/or Accredited High Performance Manager
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Now" button on the right
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration (including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.
- All Professional Development logistics are correct at time of publication. Subject to change at anytime without notice.