*Important - The Provisional Accreditation application process introduced to assist with COVID-19 restrictions and government expectation has ceased on the 31 December 2022, with no new application accepted following this date. Individuals already issued with Provisional Accreditation are not impacted and may transition to Full Accreditation once all criteria is achieved.
Provisional Accreditation is available to those who:
- Have completed a qualification in exercise and sports science and/or exercise physiology leading to a Bachelor
degree or higher in the relevant field to the application
- Have graduated from an ESSA accredited Exercise Science or Exercise Physiology course in 2020 to 2022
- Have graduated from a non-ESSA accredited Exercise Science, Sports Science or Exercise Physiology course from December
2019 to December 2022
- Have completed a minimum number of professional experience hours as follows:
- 80 hours related to Exercise Science
- 220 hours related to Clinical Exercise Physiology*
- 220 hours related to Sports Science*
*In addition to 140 Exercise Science hours
Provisional Accreditation can be utilised for Exercise Science accreditation (AES), Exercise Physiology accreditation (AEP), or Level 1 Sports Science accreditation (ASpS1).
Frequently Asked Questions:
Please view the FAQ document here.
If you still have questions or would like guidance with your application, please contact us at [email protected]
Additional Resources, Templates and Guides: