Provisional Accreditation is available to:
• Have completed a qualification in exercise and sports science and/or exercise physiology leading to a Bachelor
degree or higher in the relevant field to the application
• Have graduated from an ESSA accredited Exercise Science or Exercise Physiology course in 2020
• Have graduated from a non-ESSA accredited Exercise Science, Sport Science or Exercise Physiology course from December
2019 to December 2020
• Have completed a minimum number of professional experience hours as follows:
› 80 hours related to Exercise Science
› 220 hours related to Clinical Exercise Physiology*
› 220 hours related to Sport Science*
*In addition to 140 Exercise Science hours
All pathways are outlined in the Provisional Accreditation form listed below. To determine your eligibility for a pathway, you will need to confirm if you have completed an ESSA accredited or non-ESSA accredited course. To check your course, a full list of ESSA accredited courses can be found here.
Please note – You will need to provide a Student Practicum Report that is completed by your university. Please view the form below and contact your university for completion.
Student Practicum Summary
Please note – we require a certified copy of your identification with your application. *If you have difficulties getting your photo identification certified due to COVID-19 restrictions, please submit your application with non-certified photo identification and note your inability to provide the certification. ESSA will exercise flexibility regarding this requirement during the COVID-19 restrictions.
All forms and supporting documents will no longer be physically posted to ESSA, please follow instructions on application forms for online submission.
2020 Fees & Costs:
Please refer to forms for costs.
• An initial assessment fee is outlined for each pathway in the Provisional Accreditation application form.
• An additional assessment fee of $55 incl GST applies in the event that an application requires additional information to be finalised i.e. you are asked to supply additional information.
• A 1% merchant fee applies in addition to the above fees for all credit card payments.
• Additional assessment fees will be charged prior to an assessment.
• A maximum of two additional assessments are allowed per application. If your application is not approved after two additional assessments OR if you fail to supply information by the due date, your application will be finalised as declined.
• Additional information must be supplied within 10 working days.
• Additional assessments are processed within 10-30 working days.
• All assessment and processing fees are non-refundable.
Additional Resources, Templates and Guides: