Being Your Best, Without the Burnout
Being a health professional normally amounts to you giving everything to your clients and business, and leaving very little for yourself. There is no wonder the burnout research includes a huge section dedicated to that found and measured in health professionals.
This is a recording of an ESSA webinar presented on 20 July 2022.
If you are feeling overwhelmed, if you haven’t stopped to celebrate in a while, if you are finding that you are seeing your clients, colleagues or family members as just another job, and something you ‘HAVE’ to do, rather than ‘WANT’ to do - this session is for you.
Burnout speaks to a list of psychological and physiological phenomena that lead to a reduction in creativity, induce rigidity into your thinking and dampen the passionate fire you were previously known for.
If you relate to any of this, or you are observing these traits in another, you need to engage with this online activity and the content within. Burnout is not a condition that is designed to be prevented or treated in isolation.
This interactive and action/recovery inspiring online activity will help you:
Identify burnout in you and others: Measurements and definitions
Understand the physiological processes underpinning burnout
Know how nutrition, exercise, social factors, work, environmental and mental factors contribute to development and resolution of burnout
Know how different people will experience burnout in different ways based on their unique biological makeup
Learn key strategies to support yourself in the short, medium and long term to prevent and treat burnout
Understand key technologies unlocking specific answers for burnout and how it can be resolved
Know specific strategies for supporting others to prevent and resolve burnout
Every part of this online activity can be translated to client care, however, before more action is taken for them, it is time we looked after the individuals who are creating positive change for many, ourselves.
Presented by Dr Cam McDonald, BSc (Hlth+Ex), MSc (Nut+Diet), AEP, APD, PhD (Phil)
Dr Cam McDonald started as an Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Accredited Practising Dietitian and completed his PhD with a focus on both in chronic disease prevention. He is currently the CEO of the Precision Health Alliance - a world leading organisation focussing on the education of health professionals in the use of precision health principles and technology. The organisation’s mission is to eliminate chronic disease and pain by 2050, and having ‘healthy’ and ‘resilient’ as the norm. He is a Fellow of the Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine and is an international leader in the application of precision & personalised health. He educates companies, health professionals and the general public alike on how the whole environment impacts physical and mental health and disease, and the role technology has in optimising healthy behaviour change. What allows Dr Cam to leave an indelible mark on the audience is his ability to simplify the complexity of health principles, infuse hope and stimulate action. The combination of science, down-to-earth humour and elegant simplicity of truth makes him accessible, relatable and a must attend.
Rates per person
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
|ESSA Student Member
Access to Online Activity
Your online activity will be available in your ESSA learning profile after purchase. Please click here to access your ESSA learning profile.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist, Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Accredited Sports Scientist Level 1, Accredited Sports Scientist Level 2 and/or Accredited High Performance Manager.
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Now" button on the right
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration (including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.
- All Professional Development logistics are correct at time of publication. Subject to change at anytime without notice.