Creating Conditions for Lasting Behaviour Change Podcast
Optimal patient outcomes cannot be achieved without exercise and fitness professionals having skills in client engagement in and behaviour change. This podcast will outline the common traps that professionals often fall into and offers alternative strategies to overcome these.
The recording is of a webinar presented by ESSA on 29 October 2019.
Presented by Ms Caroline Bills, MPhysio(Research), Licensed HealthChange® Associate
Caroline is a Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist and Licensed HealthChange® Associate. She has extensive clinical experience in the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions and chronic pain and has worked in partnership with fitness professionals for many years. She has been involved with teaching fitness professionals at Victoria and Deakin Universities on the Master of Clinical Exercise and Rehabilitation course. Much of her time is now spent delivering training to fitness and other health professionals in HealthChange® Methodology. This is a unique clinical practice methodology that enables service providers to embed person-centred behaviour change into their work. She has also integrated HealthChange® Methodology into her own clinical practice to engage and retain clients. Doing this has altered her clinical style, broadened her clinical skill set and enables her to work systematically and efficiently with complex and chronic problems to get the best possible client outcomes. This has changed her clinical practice to make work more satisfying and effective.
Rates per person
|ESSA Student Member
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
Access to podcast
You will be provided all information to access this podcast within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist, Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Accredited Sport Scientists Level 1 and 2 and/or Accredited High Performance Manager
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Now" button on the right
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration (including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.
- All Professional Development logistics are correct at time of publication. Subject to change at anytime without notice.