Engaging Rural and Remote Older Australians to change their lifestyle Podcast
This podcast will assist ESSA members better understand the lifestyle behaviours of rural and remote Australians, the barriers this cohort face in engaging in physical activity and exercise, solutions that work in engaging the cohort and motivating them to continue their engagement.
The podcast will also explore the delivery networks within rural and remote health and how ESSA members can best engage with other rural and remote health professionals (including general practitioners) to develop referral pathways.
An overview will be given about resources available to help ESSA members support the health needs of rural and remote Australians and how to engage this cohort in providing screenings in a rural field day settings.
The recording is of a webinar presented by ESSA on 27 June 2019.
Presented by Dr Jacqueline Cotton, PhD, GCertHighEd
Jacquie joined the National Centre for Farmer Health (NCFH) in 2012 as Researcher and Lecturer in Rural Health. Graduating from La Trobe University in 2003, she continued on to complete a Doctorate in Agriculture in 2009. Prior to joining the NCFH team, Jacquie has worked as course developer and trainer at Rural Industries Skill Training in Hamilton, and on the teaching and research team at La Trobe University in the Department of Agricultural Sciences, specialising in livestock parasite management in sheep and cattle. Jacquie has a passion for agriculture, education and farmer engagement and has jumped at the chance to combine these with farmer health at NCFH. Jacquie’s research interests include Cholinesterase monitoring in farmers exposed to organophosphate chemicals, farm safety culture and children on farms.
Rates per person
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
|ESSA Student Member
Access to podcast
You will be provided all information to access this podcast within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist and Accredited Exercise Physiologist
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Now" button on the right
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration (including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.
- All Professional Development logistics are correct at time of publication. Subject to change at anytime without notice.