Unleashing the Power of Neuroplasticity Podcast
The presenters Esther (Physiotherapist) and Andrew (Accredited Exercise Physiologist) have worked together for many years with people with neurological injuries and conditions. Together they use the principles of neuroplasticity and exercise to maximise outcomes for clients with diagnoses such as stroke, TBI and Parkinson’s disease.
This is a recording of an ESSA webinar presented on 16 November 2022.
In this podcast they will explore the mechanisms for physical recovery and adaptation following neurological injury, explain the principles of neuroplasticity, and examine the role of the Exercise Physiologist in supporting neuroplasticity. Andrew will use case examples to demonstrate how a neurological Exercise Physiologist can put these principles into practise effectively.
Presented by Andrew Seeley, AES, AEP and Esther Fithall, MNeuroPhysio
Andrew has over 17 years experience in neurological and musculoskeletal rehabilitation and chronic disease management. He worked as a neurological exercise physiologist at Ivanhoe Private Rehabilitation Hospital for nine years and The Victorian Rehabilitation Centre for six years. He has extensive experience in community-based rehabilitation and health promotion, establishing an exercise physiology service for Healthscope Independence Services. Andrew’s areas of interest include acquired brain injury, stroke, multiple sclerosis and spinal cord injury.
Esther has over 17 years of experience, Esther commenced her career at the Repatriation General Hospital in SA before moving to Melbourne to work at Sunshine Hospital, followed by the Alfred Health Community Rehabilitation Program where she worked for over 11 years. Esther is passionate about client-centred care, supporting clients to achieve their goals, and supporting the team around her. She has extensive experience in treating neurological clients, including vestibular rehabilitation, stroke, Parkinson’s disease and multiple sclerosis.
Rates per person
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
|ESSA Student Member
Access to Podcast
You will be provided information on how to access this Podcast within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist, Accredited Exercise Physiologist.
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Now" button on the right
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration (including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.
- All Professional Development logistics are correct at time of publication. Subject to change at anytime without notice.