Graduate Entry Assessment
A Graduate Entry assessment is available to those who:
- Have completed or are enrolled in the final semester of a Bachelor degree in/or related to the field of exercise and sports science
- AND are applying to undertake an ESSA accredited post graduate study in the near future* in order to become an Accredited Exercise Physiologist
The Graduate Entry assessment is not an accreditation, it is purely an assessment of the Exercise Science Standards and practicum against your prior study. On completion of the assessment, you will be provided with an outcome letter which will outline the elements you have 'Met' or 'Not Yet Met'. This letter can be provided to the university you’re applying to for post graduate study.
Exercise Science is the base to Exercise Physiology, therefore, when applying to ESSA to become an Accredited Exercise Physiologist, you must meet both the current Exercise Science and Exercise Physiology Standards.
*Please Note: The resulting Graduate Entry letter is only valid for limited period of time. You must be enrolled in the postgraduate study prior to the expiration date of the letter.
There are two types of application forms depending on where your study was undertaken - an ESSA Accredited or non-ESSA Accredited Course. To check your course you can find a full list of accredited courses can be found here.
All forms and supporting documents will no longer be physically posted to ESSA, please follow instructions on application forms for online submission.
ESSA ACCREDITED COURSE
$42.00 processing fee
NON-ESSA ACCREDITED COURSE
$175.00 processing fee
- An initial assessment fee of $42 incl GST applies and is payable when your application is received.
- An initial assessment fee of $175 incl GST applies for those applying through a non-ESSA Accredited Undergraduate Course if you hold a Graduate Entry assessment letter confirming a ‘not yet met requirements’ requiring further study or exercise science practicum for assessment or you have not previously applied to ESSA.
- An additional assessment fee of $55 incl GST applies in the event that an application requires additional information to be finalised i.e. you are asked to supply additional information.
- A 1% merchant fee applies in addition to the above fees for all credit card payments.
- Additional assessment fees will be charged prior to an assessment.
- A maximum of two additional assessments are allowed per application. If your application is not approved after two additional assessments OR if you fail to supply information by the due date, your application will be finalised as declined.
- Additional information must be supplied within 10 working days.
- Additional assessments are processed within 10-30 working days.
- All assessment and processing fees are non-refundable.
Additional Resources, Templates and Guides: