This PDO is for anyone that is serious about pursuing a career as a sports scientist. You may just be starting out on your degree. You may be coming up to graduation. You may be stuck in a role, desperate to work in another area. If you want to establish yourself as a successful sport scientist and realise your career ambitions then you need to sign up to this PDO.
Discover why degree based book smarts alone just doesn’t cut it in the real world.
Learn what practical skills make a great sports scientist and the qualities needed to become a ‘linchpin’ in any organisation.
Find out how to get your foot in the door and make sure it doesn’t get slammed back in your face.
Walk away with practical tools and resources that will actually help you develop your own personal development plan to achieve your career ambitions.
The recording is of a webinar presented by ESSA on 24 July 2019.
Presented by Nick Grantham, MSc, CSCS, ASCC
Recognised as a specialist in athletic preparation working in high performance environments for 22 years. Nick’s first job was as head of sport science for British Gymnastics at Lilleshall Sports Injury and Human Performance Centre. In 2001, Nick moved from gymnastics to England Netball, to work in one of the first full-time strength and conditioning roles in high-performance UK sport. Two years later, he became one of the first strength and conditioning coaches to work for the English Institute of Sport, leading its West Midlands team across three sites.
During his career Nick has been responsible for the management, development and delivery of integrated physical preparation strategies in a diverse range of settings including performing arts, military, professional and action sports
Leaving the English Institute of Sport in 2007, Nick established himself as a Performance Enhancement Specialist working with the Chinese National Football team, the RFU, Great Britain’s Men’s and Women’s Basketball teams, Championship and Premiership football.
A sought-after expert, Nick is a best selling author and international speaker on the physical preparation of elite athletes.
Rates per person
|ESSA Student Member
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
Access to podcast
You will be provided all information to access this podcast within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist, Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Accredited Sports Scientist Level 1 and Level 2
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Myself" button below
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration (including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration which holds a 1.0% merchant fee. Merchant fee included in registration cost below.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.