Exercise Science Accreditation (AES)
Exercise Science Accreditation (AES) is available to:
- Graduates of a Bachelor Degree who are able to satisfy the ESSA Exercise Science (ES) Standards, including 140 hours of practical experience.
If you are applying to undertake postgraduate study in the near future in order to become an Accredited Exercise Physiologist and do not wish to practice as an AES, please refer to the graduate entry assessment section.
How to Apply:
There are two types of application forms depending on where your study was undertaken - an ESSA Accredited or non-ESSA Accredited Course. To check your course you can find a full list of accredited courses can be found here.
All forms and supporting documents will no longer be physically posted to ESSA, please follow instructions on application forms for online submission.
2021 Fees & Costs:
Please refer to forms for costs.
- An initial processing fee of $42 incl GST applies to ESSA Accredited Course application and is payable when your application is received.
- An initial assessment fee of $175.00 incl GST applies to non-ESSA Accredited Course application and is payable when your application is received.
- An additional assessment fee of $55 incl GST applies in the event that an application requires additional information to be finalised i.e. you are asked to supply additional information.
- Additional assessment fees will be charged prior to an assessment.
- A maximum of two additional assessments are allowed per application. If your application is not approved after two additional assessments OR if you fail to supply information by the due date, your application will be finalised as declined.
- Additional information must be supplied within 10 working days.
- Additional assessments are processed within 10-30 working days.
- All assessment and processing fees are non-refundable.
Additional Resources, Templates and Guides: