Exercise Science Accreditation
Accredited Exercise Scientist accreditation (AES) is available to:
- Graduates of an ESSA-accredited Bachelor degree in exercise and sports science
- Graduates of a non-ESSA accredited Bachelor degree in exercise and sports science (or international equivalent) who are able demonstrate that their coursework and practical experience meets ESSA's Exercise Science Standards, including 140 hours of practicum.
If you are applying to undertake postgraduate study in the near future in order to become an Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP) and do not wish to practise as an AES, please refer to the graduate entry assessment section.
Got a question?
Please review the application form carefully as this provides information on how to complete the application.
If you still have questions or would like guidance with your application, please click the link below to chat with an assessor. You can also contact us at email@example.com
Brief chat (15 minutes) with an assessor
Extended chat (30 minutes) with an assessor
How to Apply:
There are two different accreditation pathways depending on whether you undertook an ESSA-accredited or a non-ESSA accredited course. To check your course you can find a full list of accredited courses here.
Please note: ESSA assesses equivalent university study to meet the standards.
Application Processing Fees:
Please be aware there is no ability to fast track applications.
- An application fee is payable when your application is received:
- $42 incl GST - ESSA-accredited course applications
- $175.00 incl GST - non-ESSA accredited course applications
- An additional assessment fee of $55 incl GST applies in the event that we need to request additional information or documentation from you to progress the assessment, payable prior to continuing assessment.
- A maximum of two additional assessments are allowed per application. If your application is not approved after two additional assessments OR if you fail to supply information by the due date, your application will be finalised as declined.
- Additional information must be supplied within 1 month.
- Additional assessments are processed within 10-30 working days.
- All assessment and processing fees are non-refundable.
- Please note, you will receive an invoice for the accreditation / membership fee upon approval of your application.
Additional Resources, Templates and Guides: