The International Exercise Physiology accreditation pathway is open to graduates from an overseas tertiary institution who:
- Have at least four years full-time equivalent (FTE) study with a focus on clinical exercise physiology.
This may be (for example) four years which covers both exercise science and exercise physiology or three years of exercise science plus a one and half year post graduate qualification in exercise physiology
- Have undertaken at least 500 hours of professional practice comparable to ESSA's practicum requirements including:
- 140 hours of exercise science practicum
- 360 hours of exercise physiology practicum
Applicants for exercise physiology accreditation must meet the accreditation requirements for both exercise science and exercise physiology. All applicants must gain exercise science accreditation (AES) via the non-accredited course pathway before applying for the international pathway.
Exercise Science Accreditation
The international pathway has two stages:
- Desktop review of exercise physiology qualifications and experience
- Assessment of exercise physiology knowledge and practical skills:
- Standards & Compliance module
- Theoretical exam
- Practical exam
How to Apply:
Got a question?
Please review the application form carefully as this provides information on how to complete the application.
If you still have questions or would like guidance with your application, please click the link below to chat with an assessor. You can also contact us at [email protected]
Assessor Consultation - 30 minute zoom meeting with an assessor