Exercise Physiology Accreditation (AEP)
Exercise physiology accreditation (AEP) is available to graduates of an ESSA-accredited exercise physiology tertiary degree. All AEP applicants must also meet ESSA’s practitioner accreditation entry requirements.
How do I know if I can become an AEP?
For an overview of the AEP accreditation pathways for domestic graduates, click here.
Is my course accredited by ESSA?
A full list of ESSA-accredited courses can be found by clicking here.
Can I apply for AEP if I qualified overseas or studied abroad?
You may be eligible to apply via the two-stage International Exercise Physiology accreditation pathway.
Got a question?
Please review the application form carefully as this provides information on how to complete the application.
If you still have questions or would like guidance with your application, please click the link below to chat with an assessor. You can also contact us at [email protected]
Brief chat (15 minutes) with an assessor
Extended chat (30 minutes) with an assessor
How to Apply:
- Read and complete the appropriate application form.
- Ensure you attach all evidence that is required.
- Send complete applications to [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be assessed.
We will notify you of the initial assessment outcome within 10-30 business days from the date the application is complete, depending on application type. The initial outcome of the assessment may be that your application is 'approved', 'declined', or 'requires more information'.
Select the appropriate form for your accreditation pathway:
B. THREE-YEAR UNDERGRADUATE ES COURSE (ACCREDITED) & POSTGRADUATE EP COURSE
C. THREE-YEAR UNDERGRADUATE ES COURSE (NON-ACCREDITED) & POSTGRADUATE EP COURSE
You must provide a certified copy for your ID with your application to ESSA. Examples of acceptable photo ID and instructions on how to certify the copy can be found here.
Certified Photo ID
Application Processing Fees:
- An initial assessment fee is payable when your application is received and checked for completion.
- A fee of $42 incl GST applies for all Pathway A & Pathway B applications
- A fee of $42 incl GST applies for a Pathway C application if you hold a Graduate Entry assessment letter with a 'requirements met' outcome
- A fee of $175 incl GST applies for a Pathway C application if you hold a Graduate Entry assessment letter with a ‘not yet met requirements’ or have not undertaken a Graduate Entry assessment.
- An additional assessment fee of $55 incl GST applies in the event that you are required to supply additional information before the assessment can be finalised. The fees will be charged prior to assessment continuing.
- Additional information must be supplied within 1 month.
- A maximum of two additional assessments are allowed per application. If your application is not approved after two additional assessments OR if you fail to supply information by the due date, your application will be finalised as declined.
- Review of additional information will be completed within 10-30 working days, depending on the application type
- All assessment fees are non-refundable.
- Please note, you will receive an invoice for the accreditation / membership fee upon approval of your application. Accreditation / membership fees are non-refundable.
AEPs are required to successfully complete the ESSA Standards & Compliance online course within 3 months of gaining accreditation.
Additional Resources, Templates and Guides: