Exercise Physiology Accreditation
Exercise physiology accreditation (AEP) is available to domestic graduates of an ESSA accredited exercise physiology qualification. All AEPs must also meet ESSA’s accreditation eligibility requirements.
International graduates who can satisfy the ESSA Exercise Science and Exercise Physiology standards are eligible to apply via the four stage International Accreditation
*All AEPs approved after 1st January 2020 will be required to successfully complete the ESSA Standards & Compliance online course within 3 months of gaining accreditation. Course registrations open from 1st January 2020.
Is my course Accredited by ESSA? A full list of ESSA accredited courses can be found by clicking here.
How do I know if I can become an Accredited Exercise Physiologist? If you would like an overview of how you can become an Accredited Exercise Physiologist, click here.
How to apply:
- Read and complete the appropriate application form.
- Ensure you attach all evidence that is required.
- Send complete applications to ESSA. Incomplete applications will not be assessed.
- ESSA will notify you of the outcome of your application with 10-30 days depending on application type.
There are four types of application forms depending on the study completed:
All forms and supporting documents will no longer be physically posted to ESSA, please follow instructions on application forms for online submission.
Fees & Costs:
2020 Cost: Please refer to the forms for individual costs.
• An initial assessment fee of $42 incl GST applies and is payable when your application is received.
• An initial assessment fee of $175 incl GST applies for those applying through a non-ESSA Accredited Undergraduate Course if you hold a Graduate Entry assessment letter confirming a ‘not yet met requirements’ requiring further study or exercise science practicum for assessment or you have not previously applied to ESSA.
• An additional assessment fee of $55 incl GST applies in the event that an application requires additional information to be finalised i.e. you are asked to supply additional information.
• Additional assessment fees will be charged prior to an assessment.
• A maximum of two additional assessments are allowed per application. If your application is not approved after two additional assessments OR if you fail to supply information by the due date, your application will be finalised as declined.
• Additional information must be supplied within 10 working days.
• Additional assessments are processed within 10-30 working days.
• All assessment and processing fees are non-refundable.
Additional Resources, Templates and Guides: